Choose the correct possessive determiners.
Example: I have got a sister. ___ name is Susan.
Answer: I have got a sister. Her name is Susan.
Hi Daniel,
my name is John. This is my friend Jason. He's 12. his sister is nine. my pet is a budgie. it name is Dickens. Jason and I go to the same school. There are 450 boys and girls in my school. Jason's form teacher is Mrs. Peterson. She has got a pet, too. her pet is a tortoise. Our form teacher is Mr. Smith. I like his lessons. He has two dogs. The dogs love to play in his garden. Now I have a question for you. What's your pet?
Yours,
John
EXERCISE 2
Possessive Pronouns
Replace the personal pronouns by possessive pronouns.
1. This book is (you) yours.
2. The ball is (I) mine
3. The blue car is (we) ours
4. The ring is (she) hers.
5. We met Paul and Jane last night. This house is (they) theirs
6. The luggage is (he) his
7. The pictures are (she) hers.
8. In our garden is a bird. The nest is (it) its.
9. This cat is (we) ours.
10. This was not my fault. It was (you) yours.
EXERCISE 3
COMPLETE THE SENTENCE WITH THE CORRECT POSSESSIVE ADJECTIVE OR PRONOUN
1. She's not his friend, she's my (my/mine).
2. Robert didn't drink his own coffee. He drank hers (her/hers).
3. That is one of her (hers/her) friends.
4. His neighborhood is safe, while mine (my/mine) neighborhood isn't.
5. His neighborhood is safe, while my (my/mine) isn't.
6. Did your (your/yours) mother call?
7. I don't know them (them/their) very well.
8. I don't know their (them/their) daughter very well.
9. I talked to my (my/me) grandmother for three hours last night.
10. I think I got my notes mixed up with yours (your/yours).
No hay comentarios:
Publicar un comentario